CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Love this Concept!


This is Jerry Seinfeld's wife's cookbook. She puraids foods and slips them into everyday recipes. I love this idea and am incorporating this into my own recipes along with using some of hers. I haven't tried too many but love the sloppy Joe's recipe. She puts sweet potato into her pancakes, although the grocer was out of sweet potato I used yams. They are now my favorite pancakes along with Shanes. They aren't dry like most pancakes, they really are amazing. Does anyone know the difference between yams and sweet potatoes? Nutritional difference? I know sweet potatoes are suppose to be good for stabilizing blood sugars. Hopefully they are similar in nutrition because I've been eating them like crazy.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I always thought that yams and sweet potatoes were the same thing! Ha! If you find our the difference let me know!

Leah Remillet said...

Yams and sweet potatoes are actually not related at all. Yams are sweeter and have a higher natural sugar content they are also moister, they come from totally different regions too. However Sweet Potatoes are the super food with crazy amount of Vitamin A in one serving. Which is great for skin, immune systems and eyesight. So stick with SP.

I have the cook book and love it!!! Taylor's mom got it for me last summer. I have been doing exactly what you have. I did the Moz Sticks- those were fun and the kids loved making them.

I completely agree about the pancakes! To make it even easier (if you aren't weirded out by the idea) there is a baby food SWEET POTATOES AND CINNAMON from Earth's Best organics. Add one jar and the pancakes are perfect plus it can't be easier!! One day I was out of the real thing so I made them with out telling anyone I used Paysen's food and everyone loved em.

I can't get enough SP now- In fact I steamed one for lunch today. I love them with butter and salt - of course I know how to knock nutrition off! :)

SusieRQ said...

Yams are darker than sweet potatoes. The yam is that darker red potato with the really dark orange inside. Sweet Potato is much lighter and the inside isn't as orange inside. Both are very good for you though!!